Sunday, December 13, 2009

Post - Posterboards Feedback

It's finally the end of the semester. It feels like the time went by really fast this fall, but at the same time it felt like this semester went by extremely slowly. There were so many difficult assignments for this class that I felt like I was always rushed and pressured to complete task after task. The last of these projects would obviously be the poster presentation.

I completed my poster presentation on the emerging technology called Nanomedicine. Nanomedicine involves the use of tiny machines to treat and prevent the spread of diseases and illnesses. It is thought that this technology might be used to treat cancer and prevent the spread of diseases such as AIDS all over the world.



My presentation itself was uneventful. I chose one of the middle aisles to post my posterboard and I used one of the boards closer to the middle of the aisle. This was not a good spot to choose because very few people actually walked down our aisle. There were a couple of people who admitted they chose that aisle because it was quicker to get through (because of the lack of traffic) so they could tweet their responses and leave class early. There were only around four people that walked down our aisle and most of them did not ask questions or seem interested in any of the projects. Professor Kisselburgh is the one who saw my poster and asked me about it, but even then she could not devote much time in asking me questions about my project because of time constraints.

Overall, I do not believe that I learned much about emerging technology from this assignment. I learned a lot about one certain emerging technology, nanomedicine, but other than that I did not learn much of anything else. Also, I did not have much of an opportunity to talk about what I had learned because of the lack of traffic down my specific aisle.

There is an abundance of information on the Internet about this emerging technology, its benefits to modern medicine, and concerns about potential ethical and any negative effects it might have on people. You can find more information at this website: http://www.nanomedjournal.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment